UCLA’s Premier Family Resort at Lake Arrowhead
At Bruin Woods…
Children spend their days with UCLA’s finest student counselors, chosen from a competitive pool of applicants for their genuine love of children, desire to be exemplary role models and professional skill sets. Bruin Woods kids laugh, learn, participate in a host of activities including sports and games, and then spend the other 51 weeks of the year looking forward to the time when they can return to renew old friendships and meet their student counselors.
Parents recharge in an oasis of tranquility or participate in ever-expanding active possibilities. They relax and have the time of their lives on our exclusive 40-acre property, confident that their children are safe. Lifelong connections are forged with 80 fellow UCLA Bruin families. More than 100 friendly resort staff are dedicated to enhance the experience by providing personalized service and attention to the smallest details.
Families reside in charming, wooded condolets and feast on three incredible chef-prepared meals daily. Parents and children sculpt experiences and adventures in ways that please every member of the family. The Bruin Woods Family Resort at Lake Arrowhead truly offers the best in family fun and entertainment. We look forward to meeting you and your family. Welcome to ours!
Summer Family Camps
Retreat from the bustle of the everyday world and immerse your family in the carefree, sun-soaked timelessness of Bruin Woods, the UCLA Alumni Association’s premier family resort at beautiful Lake Arrowhead.
During 10 one-week sessions throughout the summer, 80 families experience unparalleled ambiance, soothing comfort, abundant opportunities for sports and active enjoyment, evening entertainment and social engagement.
Sample Bruin Woods Summer Family Camp Information
- 2016 Adults’ Program Charts [PDF]
- 2016 Kids’ Program Charts [PDF]
- 2016 Summer Program Guide [PDF]
- 2016 Faculty Lecturer Bios [PDF]
- 2016 Student Staff Bios [PDF]
- 2016 Activity Lottery Forms [PDF]
- Top 10 Things that New Families Need to Know [PDF]
- What to Bring [PDF]
- Bruin Woods Clothing Store [PDF]
- Visitor Policy [PDF]
- Sample Menus [PDF]
Reservations are Open for Summer 2017!
For questions, please call (909) 337-2478 or email email@example.comSubmit an Application Make a Bruin Woods Payment
|2017 Bruin Woods Summer Family Camp Dates|
|Week 1||June 24 – July 1||Week 6||July 29 – Aug. 5|
|Week 2||July 1 – 8||Week 7||Aug. 5 – 12|
|Week 3||July 8 – 15||Week 8||Aug. 12 – 19|
|Week 4||July 15 – 22||Week 9*||Aug. 19 – 26|
|Week 5||July 22 – 29||Week 10*||Aug. 26 – Sep. 2|
|*Weeks 9 & 10 are open to all UC system alumni or current staff or faculty from any of the nine affiliated campuses.|
|2017 Bruin Woods Summer Family Camp Rates|
|Adult:||$1,435||3 Years – 1st Grade:||$791|
|6th – 12th Grade:||$1,218||Under 3 Years:||$119|
|2nd – 5th Grade:||$1,050|
- Weeks 1–8 are limited to enrollment by UCLA alumnus/alumna or current faculty or staff of UCLA only. UCLA alumnus/alumna or current UCLA faculty or staff are welcome to attend any of the ten weeks.
- Weeks 9–10 are open to all UC system alumni or current UC system staff or faculty from any of the nine affiliated campuses.
- One person per sleeping room must be a UC system alumnus/alumna or current UC system staff or faculty.
- UC affiliates are grandfathered into their spot for their chosen week (9 or 10) but may not move to Weeks 1–8.
- By applying to attend Bruin Woods, attendees agree to accept the eligibility conditions of the program.
Spend quality time with your family over the holidays in a truly spectacular setting. Enjoy crisp mountain air, crackling fireplaces, beautiful family-style accommodations, delicious meals, and fun-filled activities!
Included in Each Package
- Cozy accommodations in our charming two-story condolets.
- Gourmet meals prepared by our chef, served in our Main Lodge dining room.
- Lots of scheduled activities for the kids, led by UCLA student counselors – including outdoor adventures and arts & crafts.
- Fun for the adults, too – including special UCLA guest lecturers and our “Bruin Chef” competition with our head chef.
All Family Holidays are currently booked to capacity. Please call (909) 337-2478 or email us for waitlist information.
Upcoming Dates & Rates
|Presidents' Day (3 nights) — Registration Full - Limited spots available*|
|Dates:||February 17 – 20, 2017|
|Arrival & Departure:||Arrive Friday afternoon, depart Monday after lunch.|
|3 Years – 10th Grade:||$297|
|Children under 3:||Free|
|Spring (3 nights) — Registration Full - Waitlist spots available*|
|Dates:||April 13 – 16, 2017|
|Arrival & Departure:||Arrive Thursday afternoon, depart Sunday after lunch.|
|3 Years – 10th Grade:||$297|
|Children under 3:||Free|
Information for Upcoming Family Holidays Guests
We hope you and your family are very excited for your upcoming Family Holiday here at the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Conference Center!
- You can find the tentative Program Charts and our suggested “What to Bring” list in the section to the right.
- Check-in is at 3:00 P.M. Remember that any time you travel to the mountains, it is a good idea to carry snow chains for your car.
- This year we will be collecting toys to donate to our philanthropic partner “Operation Provider,” who will provide clothes and food for our local community. Please feel free to bring something to contribute to this worthy cause.
- We will be hosting a BYO Wine Tasting this holiday, so be sure to bring your favorite wine to share with your fellow guests!
- Our Bruin Woods Clothing Store will be open throughout the holiday!